Millions of people are affected by diabetes each year all across India. It is believed that there are over 70 million diabetics in this country and the rising number indicates that there is lack of awareness about this condition.
When detected with diabetes, you have to make certain changes to your lifestyle. And among most other things, you have to constantly monitor your blood glucose level regularly and for that you require a device called the glucometer.
A glucometer is also known as Self-monitoring of Blood Sugar (SMBG) that happens to be the most beneficial device for diabetics. Diet, medication and exercise have to be combined in the right proportion for the management of diabetes. In other words it is in the hands of the patients to manage diabetes.
In order to keep this disease in check it is essential to follow the doctor’s advice almost religiously by the patient. But it is difficult to understand how well the blood sugar is controlled unless they get a blood test from time to time. With the help of the blood tests you will not only show the changes in the blood sugar level but also indicate how much you have been able to control your diabetes over a period of 3 months.
That is why checking your blood sugar level is absolutely vital. Here are some of the advantages of checking your blood sugar level with that of a glucometer at home.
- Regular monitoring assists the patients by identifying low or high glucose level and take actions immediately.
- It assists the doctors to detect the low or high blood pressure levels and hence helps them to adjust the medication accordingly.
- A glucometer helps patients to understand whether they are able to maintain their glucose level or not and thus, help them to make healthier choices.
- It facilitates to educate the patients about diabetes and how to control it.
- It also helps to control hypoglycaemia.
- Regular monitoring with the help of a glucometer also helps to see and detect the impact of the measures taken by you as a patient like doing physical activity, losing weight and changes made to your diet.
At the time when you are just detected with the disease and are struggling with the various symptoms, it is natural that you will have a lot of questions regarding the ailment. Under such circumstances you can trust your physician and ask them whatever question comes to your mind.
Your physician is well aware of the various facets of diabetes and it is much more than just medicine. So you can consult your doctor as well as the pharmacist if you require any help with your glucometer.
But at the time of the purchase you must ensure that you buy a quality product like Accu Check glucometer that will display the accurate results for a prolonged period of time. Once you know the immense benefits of regular monitoring of your blood sugar level you will yourself take care.to meticulously assess it each day.